Thursday, August 4, 2016

Word, words


I have a great praise report. For the last three consecutive years the month of July has been very hard for me. I've had to visit the ER a couple of times. I've had surgeries. I had two separate cancer diagnoses.  And I had pain, a lot of pain.  This has happened every single July since 2013.

This year in June, I started to feel A LOT of pain, exactly in the same area where the oncologist found more cancer developing (I was diagnosed with stage IV endometrial last year). Logically, I was a little panicked, discouraged and sad knowing that July was around the corner.

Now all of this is not just a mere coincidence. I am not oblivious of the fact that I have been in warfare for the past three years. The spiritual world is real and God has been talking to me about the POWER of the Word (the Bible) & the POWER of my own mouth.

So I made a plan in June to arm myself with the Sword of the Spirit (the Word of God) in my mouth. I have been confessing daily the Word of God and using verses of the Bible as a form of prayer, all of this time while resting in my heart. I rest in His power, not my strength to fight this battle. I'm just giving voice to His Word.

And I want to tell you that for the first time in three consecutive years since July of 2013 I finished July 2016 strong. No going to the ER, no surgery, no more bad news from the oncologist, no more excruciating pain. This, ladies and gentlemen, is the power of the Word of God and the power we have in our own mouth.

“Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and those who love it will eat its fruit.”
Proverbs 18:21

"For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart." Hebrews 4:12

This is one of the confessions I've been doing:





ESPAÑOL:

Tengo buenas noticias. En los últimos tres años consecutivos, el mes de Julio ha sido muy difícil para mi. He tenido que ir al hospital de emergencia. He tenido cirujías. Me han diagnosticado en años separados con dos cánceres diferentes.  Y he tenido dolor, mucho dolor. Todo esto ha ocurrido en los meses de Julio desde el 2013.

Este año, en Junio, empezé a tener bastante dolor en el area de mi cuerpo donde el Oncólogo encontró mas cáncer el año pasado (diagnosis: etapa 4 del cáncer endometiral).  Lógicamente sentí temor y me sentí triste sabiendo que Julio estaba ya cerca.

Ahora, quiero que sepan que estoy muy consciente del hecho de que todo esto no ha sido concidencia. Estos tres años he estado en guerra espiritual. El mundo espiritual es muy real y Dios me ha estado hablando sobre el PODER de la Palabra de Dios (la Biblia) y el PODER de mi boca.

Asi que hice un plan detallado en Junio de armarme con la Espada del Espiritu (la Palabra de Dios) en mi boca. He estado confesando diariamente la Palabra de Dios, usando versículos de la Biblia en forma de oración.  Todo esto mientras descanso en mi corazón.  Descanso en Su poder y no en mi fuerza para pelear esta batalla.  Simplemente le estoy dando voz a la Palabra de Dios. 

Y quiero contarles que por primera vez después de tres años consecutivos terminé el mes de Julio 2016 victoriosa. Terminé sin visitar a la sala de emergencia, sin cirujías, sin mas malas noticias del Oncólogo, y sin ese dolor insoportable. Esto, damas y caballeros, es el poder de la Palabra de Dios y el poder de nuestra boca.

La muerte y la vida están en poder de la lengua, y el que la ama comerá de sus frutos. Proverbios 18:21

Porque la palabra de Dios es viva y eficaz, y más cortante que toda espada de dos filos; y penetra hasta partir el alma y el espíritu, las coyunturas y los tuétanos, y discierne los pensamientos y las intenciones del corazón. Hebrews 4:12

4 comments:

  1. Yes. Yes. Yes!!! Years ago I was attacked with severe back pain and unable to do anything but confess God's word over myself. If someone asked how I was feeling, I told them: "In the natural, I am hurting, BUT, I am healed by Jesus' stripes!" and many other verses I spoke over myself the whole time I was awake since I was unable to do anything else. Fortunately, the doctors (at the time) told me there was nothing they could do--I say fortunately, because I know many people with back ailments who have had surgery, drugs, etc., and are no better--many worse (with this kind of attack). I thank God for the day I realized I was in a corner and I could come out fighting with the Word of God! After a very short time speaking over myself (not always the case--but keep on) I heard a word about someone's back being healed and I literally stood up and said, "That's me!" before I could even think about it. It was like a seatbelt clicking inside of me--I knew that I knew I was healed! From that moment on, I got better and in 2 weeks I was completely whole!! Some people are healed instantly, some have to keep speaking for a while...never give up!! God's word is powerful! Also, realize the enemy will come back later with symptoms to make you think you are not healed...tell him the Word--it will go away. Don't ever allow it back into your life! I could go on, but God give anyone reading Vivian's testimony the faith to persevere! I've been healed of that back problem forever...going on 26 years:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for sharing your story. It is so encouraging!! I had a big smile reading all of it. And yes, I hope our testimony encourages anyone reading. I've been confessing the Word of God here & there for several years but now God really impressed in my heart to be even more purposely, intentional, diligent about it, & making it a priority. So I made a detail plan, & I dedicate some time confessing the Word DAILY. The spiritual world is so real wether we acknowledge it or not. And when Jesus died & resurrected, he gave us back the authority, and it is in our mouth. The Word of God really works & it is so powerful in our mouth. I loved loved reading your story!! Thank you!

      Delete
    2. Hugs to you, Vivian! Our testimonies are nails in Satan's coffin and bring glory to our Loving, Powerful, Awesome God! I'm so glad you blogged this--I'm expecting many to read and receive healing by using God's Word as their sword as He intended!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete