Thursday, October 24, 2013

Getting honest with it.../ Honestamente esto es lo que paso...


It’s been quite a while since my last post; so I’m sorry to the ones that have been saying that they wanted to hear more from me. Thank you for all of your love!
Last week and this week have been really great for me. I went back to work with the kiddos that God has placed so deeply in my heart, which makes me really happy J.  I’ve also started taking piano lessons again. Music lifts me up and makes me dream again! Prior to these past two weeks, I’ve went to really dark places and I want to share a little about that. 

Chemo has been really tough for me. There’ve been entire days that the only reason that I got out of bed was to go to the bathroom. I’ve felt so weak that I have lost myself in the middle of it. I literally didn’t recognize myself anymore. The last time that I had Chemo, I felt like I was depleted of the last drop of strength that I had. I would look outside the window and cry all day long. I would sleep just because I was tired of crying. I had never been depressed in my life. This was a first. I was so weak, depressed and mentally lost, that I lost all desire to go on living. I felt like I had nothing left inside of me. It’s a very dark place to be.

Yes, I do know what the Word of God says. I know who I am in Christ. I know what to do in these types of situations. Yes, I do. I’ve learned all of that through the years.  But what do you do when you no longer have strength to do any of this? What do you do when your brain is fried with all the meds? What do you do when there’s nothing left inside and you can’t count on your faith? What do you do when there’s nothing left inside but brokenness? Yes, those were the big questions for me. The answer?: NOTHING! You do nothing. You rest in His Grace!

I could tell you all about my great faith, all about my powerful confessions and all about how I was fighting this disease. But all of that would not serve you when you are in a deep hole, when you cannot fight.  At least that was true for me. If you ever find yourself in a situation like this, I want to give you good news. God still loves you! God is still faithful. God will not leave you in your darkest moment. HE WILL CARRY YOU! This is called: His Grace! He will find you where you are at. He did this for me! There was a point where I did not exercise my faith. I did not align my thoughts with the Word. I did not do “the right thing”. Not because I just didn’t care, but because honestly, I didn’t even have one drop of strength left in my body and mind. I remember thinking - If he doesn’t carry me these days, I won’t be able to make it.

It was during this time that God told me: “You don’t have to rely on your faith. Rest in my faith.” In other words, you don’t have to have faith in your faith, just rest in His faith. He can handle it. You can’t.  Hebrews 12:2 says: “Keeping our eyes on Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith.” So let His faith work for you during this time. Hey, He is the author of it! Once I had this mind change, I was still “not thinking right”. But I said: okay, I’m going to rest in His faith then. His faith is better and stronger than mine. And you know what? All of a sudden, I started feeling full of strength and faith. AND THEN I UNDERSTOOD… that it wasn’t my strength and faith. It was His!! And now, I can do all the right things in His strenght and in His faith.

It’s been about 2 weeks since then, and I went from wanting to die to returning to myself. I am learning, working, dreaming, and loving life again. I just want to encourage you to rest in His Grace. His Grace is: “Unconditional love. Love when you don’t deserve it. It is a gift.” You don’t need to deserve it. And you don’t need to have it all together. He takes care of that. Rest in His Grace. Rest in His faith. And He will fix the rest! JUST REST IN HIM!

“But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me” 2 Corinthians 12:9



En Espanol: 

Ya han pasado varios dias desde que escribi la ultima vez.  A los que me han dicho que querian escuchar mas de mi, disculpenme que ya no habia escrito.  Gracias por su interes y su amor! La semana pasado y esta semana me he sentido bastante bien.  Regrese a trabajar con los ninos que Dios ha puesto en mi corazon, lo que me hace muy feliz J. Tambien volvi a retomar mis clases de piano. La musica me anima y me hace sonar otra vez! Sin embargo, no me he sentido asi siempre.  He pasado por momentos muy oscuros y de eso quiero compartir hoy.

La quimioterapia ha sido muy dura para mi.  Han habido dias enteros que solo me he levantado de la cama unicamente para ir al bano.  Me he sentido tan debil que me he perdido en mi misma.  Literalmente me he desconocido muchas veces.  Despues de la ultima vez que tuve la quimioterapia senti que la ultima gota de fuerza que tenia dentro se habia esfumado.  Me acuerdo que miraba para fuera, por la ventana, y lo unico que podia hacer era llorar.  Mejor me dormia porque me cansaba de tanto llorar.  Nunca me habia deprimido en mi vida. Estaba tan debil, deprimida, y mentalmente perdida que perdi todo el deseo de vivir.  Sentia que ya no habia nada mas dentro de mi.  Estos son momentos muy oscuros.

Si, yo se lo que la Palabra de Dios dice. Yo se quien soy en Cristo.  Yo se que hacer en este tipo de situaciones. Si, yo lo se.  He aprendido todo esto atravez de los anos.  Pero, que hacer cuando se acabo la fuerza para poner en practica todo lo aprendido?  Que hacer cuando tu cerebro esta bloqueado/tupido con todos los medicamentos en tu cuerpo? Que hacer cuando el dolor consume tu fe? Que hacer cuando ya no hay nada mas dentro de ti? Que hacer cuando estas hecho pedazos y solo quedan cenizas por dentro de ti?  Esta era mi pregunta.  La respuesta?: NADA! Usted no debe hacer nada, solamente  descansar en Su Gracia.

Yo les puedo hablar sobre mi gran fe, sobre mis confesiones poderosas. Les puedo hablar de como he luchando contra esta enferdad, etc.  Pero todo esto no sirve de nada cuando uno esta metido en un hoyo profundo y no puede luchar.  Al menos este fue mi caso.  Si algun dia se encuentra en un hoy como el que le cuento, quiero darle buenas noticias. Dios le sigue amando! Dios le sigue siendo fiel. Dios no lo va a dejar en los momentos mas oscuros.  EL LO VA A CARGAR! Esto se llama: Gracia! No importa donde usted este.  El le va a encontrar en ese lugar.  El hizo esto por mi! Llegue a un punto donde ya no pude usar mas mi fe. Donde no mantuve mis pensamiento acordes a la Palabra de Dios. Donde “no hice lo correcto.” No porque ya no me importaba, sino porque honestamente mi cuerpo y mi mente ya no tenian ninguna gota mas de fuerza. Me acuerdo que pensaba –Si Dios no me carga estos dias, no voy a poder salir bien de esto.

Fue durante estos dias que Dios me dijo:  “Tu no tienes que depender de tu fe. Descansa en Mi fe.”  En otras palabras, tu no tienes que tener fe en tu fe, sino descansar en Su fe.  Su fe puede lo que tu no puedes.  Hebreos 12:2 dice: “Puestos los ojos en Jesus, el autor y consumador de la fe.” Asi que deje que la fe de Jesus trabaje por usted.  Al fin, El es el autor de la fe. El sabe que hacer, y el puede hacerlo.  Asi que yo cambie mi mentalidad con respecto a esta verdad.  Sin embargo yo todavia tenia malos pensamientos.  Pero dije –Bueno, voy a descansar en Su fe.  Su fe es mejor y mas fuerte que la mia.  Y saben que? De pronto me empeze a sentir llena de fuerza y de fe.  Y ENTONCES COMPRENDI… que esto que sentia no era mi fuerza ni mi fe sino la de El!!  Y ahora, ya puedo pensar bien y hacer lo correcto; en Su fuerza y en Su fe.

Ya han pasado como 2 semanas. Pase de quererme morir a ser yo misma otra vez. Estoy aprendiendo, trabajando, sonando, y amando la vida otra vez.  Solo me gustaria animarle a usted a que descanse en Su Gracia.  Su Gracias es: “Amor incondicional”. Amor cuando no lo merecemos.  Es un regalo. Usted no necesita merecerlo.  Y usted no tiene que hacer todas las cosas bien. El se encarga que usted pueda hacer las cosas bien. Solo descanse en Su Gracia. Descanse en Su fe.  Y El se va a encargar de componer el resto.  SOLO DESCANSE EN EL!

Pero el me ha dicho: “Bastate mi gracia; porque mi poder se perfecciona en la debilidad.” Por tanto, de buena gana me gloriare mas bien en mis debilidades, para que repose sobre mi el poder de Cristo.  2 de Corintios 12:9

No comments:

Post a Comment